How To Delete Linkedin Account
In this article, we are going to guide you on How To Delete your LinkedIn Account.
Meanwhile, it is good we know the meaning and benefits of LinkedIn before we can proceed to steps on how to delete LinkedIn Account.
So, LinkedIn is an American business and employment-oriented service that operates through websites and mobile apps.
LinkedIn uses professional networking, which includes, employers, posting jobs and job seekers posting their CVs. This workable platform offers great opportunities to the parties involved, especially the job seekers who are looking for employment.
Meanwhile, for an employer to be able to post his job(s) on the LinkedIn platform, such employer must first create a LinkedIn account. Also, for a job seeker to be able to post his CVs on the LinkedIn platform, he/she must first have an account with LinkedIn. Although the process of creating such an account is usually very simple and easy.
Benefits of LinkedIn
Below are some of the benefits that are associated with having a LinkedIn account:
1. It helps employers to post or publish their latest jobs online through the LinkedIn platform.
2. Job seekers, on the other hand, uses the platform to advertise themselves by publishing their CVs.
3. Recruiters and Human Resources professionals are on LinkedIn. What this means is that people who are hiring can see and assess your profile on LinkedIn. They also assess your level of expertise by checking your CVs. This will give you the opportunity of getting your dream jobs, especially when you are serious.
4. Furthermore, LinkedIn is the world largest job website. It ranks #28 Global and #25 in the United States according to SimilarWeb. It also gets about 1 billion page view monthly. Therefore, this is a huge potential that every person that has a LinkedIn account enjoys.
5. Similarly, people who have an account in LinkedIn also make important business connections. This is because of the huge numbers of employers and employees that are involved.
6. In addition, people who have an account on LinkedIn are people of like-minded. Therefore they join professional groups that include people of their kind.
7. LinkedIn also affords to you the chances of reading news from your connections.
9, The chances of connecting with companies and individuals for the purpose of doing business or getting jobs are usually inevitable, especially for serious minded people who are willing to work out their salvation.
10. LinkedIn also helps you to Introduce others to your works, books, websites, blogs, and many more.
11. Above all, LinkedIn gives you the opportunity of receiving endorsements and testimonials from your peers who will endorse you for your skills and write up. These people (your peers) would also write up recommendations about you. This process usually increases one’s chances of getting a job. Although it is even advisable you also write up recommendations about your peers. This usually helps both parties.
Note therefore that if you delete your Linkedin Account you will not be able to enjoy all the wonderful features of Linkedin again.
How To Delete Linkedin Account
For now, there are two methods to delete or deactivate your account from the LinkedIn database.
These two methods are as follows:
1. Delete your Linkedin Account through the LinkedIn customer service.
2. You can also delete your Linkedin Account through the Linkedin website.
Funny enough, the above two methods of deactivating or deleting Linkedin Account involves the use of the Linkedin website.
But we are however going to explain the two methods respectively.
Delete your Linkedin Account through the LinkedIn customer service
To delete your Linkedin Account through the LinkedIn customer service follow the steps below:
1. Log in to your LinkedIn account
2. Then to the LinkedIn customer service page.
2. When you log on to the “LinkedIn customer service” page request for the deletion of your account.
3. When you request for the deletion of your account, it may take them like 30 days before the can grant your request.
Delete your Linkedin Account through the Linkedin Website
Below is stepping on how to deactivate or delete your Linkedin Account through the Linkedin website.
1. Simply Log in to your LinkedIn account
2. Then click on the Settings & Privacy button
3. Now click on the Account tab
4. Then scroll down small and tab on the Closing LinkedIn account link to delete your LinkedIn account.
5. Tell Us Why You ‘re Closing Your Account Page: At this stage you will be ask you why you want to delete your account.
Select OTHERS and then write your genuine reason of wanting to delete you account, and then click on the Next button to proceed to the next page.
6. Close Account Verification Page: At this stage you will be asked to verify that you want to delete your LinkedIn account.
So simply click the verificstion button to proceed.
7. Consequences of Closing Account page. At this stage you will be reminded of the consequence of closing your LinkedIn account.
If you really want to delete your account, your can IGNORE and Click Close Account button.
8. Close Account Confirmation Page: This is the final stage, at stage you will see a confirmation that your LinkedIn account has been closed.
Is this article helpful?
Meanwhile, do remember to share your opinion in the comment box below
And also don’t forget to share this article in your social media platform…
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from WHITENICHE.COM