Do you wish to know why great number of people really like to consume pineapple?
In this article, we are going to outlining all the nutritional contents of pineapple, and their health benefits.
Nutritional Benefits of Pineapples
One cup of fresh pineapple chunks contains the following quantities of nutrients:
- 3 percent of iron
- 82 calories
- 2 percent of calcium
- 0.2 grams (g) of fat
- 2 percent of vitamin A
- 0 g of cholesterol
- 131 percent of vitamin C
- 2 milligrams (mg) of sodium
- 0.89 g of protein
- 21.65 g of total carbohydrate (including 16 grams of sugar and 2.3 grams of fiber)
See Other Nutrients Such As:.
- beta-carotene and other antioxidants
- pantothenic acid
- vitamin B-6 etc.
See Also Mango Nutrition.
Pineapple Nutrition and Health Benefits
Studies have shown that, people who consume pineapple in a good quantity are likely not to suffer any of the following sicknesses:
1. Blood pressure: The quantity of potassium in pineapple can help reduce or lower the blood pressure.
2. Diabetes: This is because one medium pineapple provides about 13 g of fiber. And people who consume high-fiber diets tend to have lower blood glucose levels.
3. Inflammation: This is because of the presence of Bromelain.
Bromelain is an enzyme extracted from the stems of pineapples. It is also available in all parts of the pineapple. Thus, bromelain can reduce swelling, bruising, healing time, and pain associated with injury and surgical intervention.
4. Digestion: This is because of the presence of high fiber and water content, which can help prevent constipation and promote regularity and a healthy digestive tract. The presence of bromelain is also another good advantage.
5. Fertility: Because of the presence of antioxidant such as 131 percent of vitamin C and beta-carotene, minerals and copper, zinc, and folate. All these are properties that affect both male and female fertility.
6. Cancer: This is because of the presence of the 131 percent of vitamin C that is present in one cup of fresh pineapple chunks. This can help combat the formation of free radicals.
7. Asthma: This is because of the presence of beta-carotene and bromelain.
See Also Disadvantages of Mango.
Is this article helpful?
Meanwhile, do remember to share your opinion in the comment box below
And also don’t forget to share this article in your social media platform…
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from WHITENICHE.COM